Vanilla Syrup in Coffee Drinks
You may ask yourself, “What is the best vanilla syrup for coffee?” If so, it is understandable because vanilla syrup comes in several varieties, perfect for enhancing your cup of coffee. Also, it is incredibly versatile.
To help you out, let’s explore the 10 best vanilla coffee syrups that will enhance the flavor of your coffee.
The Best Vanilla Syrup for Coffee at a Glance
- Torani Syrup
- Matteo's Barista Style Sugar-Free Coffee Syrup
- Monin - Vanilla Syrup
- Explorer Vanilla Coffee Syrup
- DaVinci Gourmet Sugar-Free Syrup
- Amoretti Premium Syrup
- Joe’s Syrup Organic Flavored Syrup
- Ghirardelli - Vanilla Sauce
- Starbucks Naturally Flavored Coffee Syrup
- Jordan's Skinny Syrups Sugar-Free Coffee Syrup
Our Picks for the Best Vanilla Coffee Syrup
Torani Syrup’s pure and creamy flavor—inspired by premium vanilla flavor—makes it ideal for lattes, brewed coffee, and iced coffee. It has gold-standard flavors with a rich aroma because it contains pure cane sugar, natural flavors, and cold-filtered water. Also, it contains no artificial preservatives and flavors or high fructose corn syrup.
This coffee syrup comes in different sizes. To create your personalized recipe, mix it with flavors such as caramel, lavender, pumpkin pie, hazelnut, chocolate, and many more.
- Brand: Torani
- Diet type: Gluten-free
- It is versatile, and you can mix it with various flavors and coffee drinks.
- Some Amazon customers claim that you only need a teaspoon of this syrup in a large cup of coffee, thus economical.
- Other Amazon customers claim it is pricier than other coffee syrups.
Matteo’s Barista Style Sugar-Free Coffee Syrup is non-GMO, sugar-free, gluten-free, and carb-free coffee syrup with iced or brewed coffee at home or work. It contains natural and artificial flavors, and it comes in various sizes.
This barista-inspired syrup is an ideal option for budget-conscious and health-conscious whole foods consumers who prefer to reduce sugar intake without sacrificing the sweet flavors of their beverages.
- Brand: Matteo’s
- Diet type: Keto-friendly, kosher, gluten-free
- Some Amazon customers claim it does not upset their stomach, unlike other coffee syrups.
- Others claim it has a more reasonable price than other coffee syrups.
- Some Amazon reviews hold that its flavor is more artificial than natural.
Monin – Vanilla Syrup’s use of pure Madagascar vanilla guarantees that the taste of beverages and desserts will improve from its superior, deep flavor. As a result, the syrup has a unique, sweet scent of vanilla extract and a smooth, custard-like flavor. You can use it in lattes and mochas, and it comes in different sizes.
Importantly, it doesn’t contain any artificial ingredients. It is also dairy-free, gluten-free, and GMO-free. Additionally, it is highly concentrated and flash-pasteurized during production to achieve extraordinary flavor in beverages to maintain freshness and quality. Lastly, after opening, store at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Brand: Monin
- Diet type: Kosher, halal
- Some Amazon customers attest that it is economical because four pumps are enough to make coffee taste great. So, a little syrup goes a long way.
- Others claim that it tastes natural, unlike other syrups that taste artificial, though labeled natural.
- Some Amazon reviews claim that one must use a pump instead of a teaspoon because pouring it is messy and sticky.
Explorer Vanilla Coffee Syrup contains Madagascar vanilla, a pure, fragrant, and indulgent flavor for delectable drinks. Its makers got inspiration from their love for cold brew.
This vanilla flavoring for coffee gives lattes and mochas a deep, warm flavor. Its all-natural ingredients (pure cane sugar, natural flavors, water, and citric acid) undergo small-batch handcrafting for a premium experience.
- Brand: Explorer Cold Brew
- Diet type: All-natural
- Some Amazon customers claim it is thin and mixes easily and evenly in coffee.
- Some Amazon reviews say it has a milder flavor than other coffee syrups.
- Others claim that it is more expensive than other syrups.
DaVinci Gourmet Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup results from excellent research and development, and only the best ingredients apply, thanks to its maker’s complex quality-control procedure. This delicious sugar-free syrup contains pure vanilla flavor and is ideal for all types of coffee without adding calories.
Lastly, this syrup is naturally and artificially flavored. You can use it at home or in a coffee shop.
- Brand: DaVinci Gourmet
- Diet type: Kosher-pareve
- Some Amazon reviews claim that it does not have an aftertaste, an aspect that some coffee lovers dislike.
- Some Amazon customers claim it is heat-labile (loses sweetness due to heat). So, you must add it after heating your coffee.
- Others claim that it is more expensive than other coffee syrups.
Amoretti Premium Syrup’s ingredients are natural. It is a low-sugar French vanilla syrup free of trans-fats, high fructose corn syrup, acids, GMOs, artificial sweeteners, flavors, preservatives, and colors. It is also concentrated, rich, thick, and perfect for coffee bars, shops, and homes.
One pump of this syrup should do the trick for your hot or cold coffee without adding too much sweetness. Also, this hand-crafted coffee syrup does not cause milk cuddling. Additionally, it comes with a free pump, and you can store it for a long time because it is shelf-stable. Lastly, you can buy it in one, three, and twelve packs.
- Brand: Amoretti
- Diet type: Kosher-friendly
- Some Amazon customers find it more affordable than other coffee syrups.
- It is thicker than other syrups, making it economical to use.
- Some Amazon customers complain that its flavor is too strong and does not taste like real vanilla.
- Others complain that it leaves an aftertaste.
Joe’s Syrup Organic Flavored Syrup is the best for cocktails and café lattes. It comes from Madagascar vanilla and is hand-crafted to create a high-quality taste experience. In addition, it has an organic certification, is non-GMO, and has no preservatives or high fructose corn syrup.
Also, it contains cane sugar, organic vanilla extract, and just enough citric acid to give its flavor the perfect “snap”.
- Brand: Joe’s Syrup
- Diet type: Gluten-free, vegan
- Some Amazon customers say it is more flavorful than other coffee syrups.
- Other Amazon consumers complain it is pricier than other syrups.
Ghirardelli – Vanilla Sauce comes in a convenient squeeze bottle. Also, it is a two-pack package with a free barista spoon with the Ghirardelli stamp. Unlike any vanilla syrup, it has a rich taste and an indulgent flavor, thanks to the natural vanilla it contains. Additionally, it contains no artificial flavors, high fructose corn syrup, colors, or preservatives.
Stir it into your favorite cold brew or specialty coffee beverages for a dreamy vanilla escape.
- Brand: Ghirardelli Chocolate Company
- According to some Amazon customers, you only need one spoon of the sauce for a cup of coffee. So it is economical to use.
- Others claim it is thin and easy to use because it does not take much effort to squeeze it out.
- Some Amazon reviews claim that it smells awful.
Starbucks Naturally Flavored Vanilla Syrup has a delightful, rich flavor that will take you back to your most recent Starbucks experience. It comes as a four-pack, so you’ll have plenty to share. Also, it is perfect for frozen and iced coffee beverages, macchiatos, and caffè lattes.
After opening, you can store it at room temperature for the best flavor, but use it within four months.
- Brand: Starbucks
- Diet type: Kosher
- According to some Amazon reviews, its flavor is not overwhelming but smooth.
- Some Amazon customers claim it is uneconomical because they use several pumps for their coffee.
- Others claim that its price keeps increasing while other coffee syrups remain almost stable.
With Jordan’s Skinny Syrups Sugar-Free Coffee Syrup, you can make your favorite coffee drinks taste indulgent without feeling guilty. It has no calories, sugar, carbs, or GMOs.
Also, it has a rich, buttery vanilla aroma and a custard-like flavor that is perfect for all types of coffee, including lattes and espresso. Lastly, it is gluten-free.
- Brand: Jordan’s Skinny Mixes
- Diet type: Keto-friendly, kosher
- Some Amazon customers claim it is economical because a little goes a long way to flavor a cup of coffee.
- It is not all-natural because it has an artificial flavor and preservatives.
Your Vanilla Coffee Syrup Buyers Guide
Substituting sugar with vanilla syrup can help you reduce sugar consumption and provide advantages like reduced calorie count and improved mood. Having said that, let’s review some important factors to consider when purchasing the best vanilla syrup for coffee:
If you’re all about limiting your sugar intake, the first thing you should consider when deciding between two vanilla syrups is their sugar content. So, it would help if you chose the sugar-free vanilla syrup in this situation, given that it will be blood sugar-friendly. Furthermore, coffee can taste just as good with low-sugar vanilla syrup as with high-sugar syrup.
Checking the ingredient list of vanilla syrup is always a good idea, whether or not you’re concerned about your health. Remember, nobody benefits from artificial ingredients combined with vanilla syrup. So, it’s healthier if it has only natural ingredients.
Fortunately, most vanilla syrups don’t typically have lengthy ingredient lists, so checking them before purchasing shouldn’t be too difficult. Now, let’s examine the components of a standard vanilla syrup:
- Sugar: As one might anticipate, sugar makes up a significant portion of vanilla syrup. That’s what makes it so deliciously sweet.
- Water: Just plain water serves as the syrup’s foundation. Afterward, it becomes syrupy after the sugar dissolves, and the mixture boils down.
- Vanilla bean or extract: Vanilla bean is the most significant component of vanilla syrup. The flavor of the syrup comes from either whole vanilla beans or liquid extract, depending on the recipe.
Most people who identify as coffee lovers enjoy a variety of coffee varieties. Fortunately, many coffee varieties pair well with vanilla syrup; lattes, espressos, and macchiatos are just a few.
Given that vanilla syrup loses its shelf life quickly when opened, finishing the bottle is advisable rather than wasting it. So, always choose one that goes well with various desserts and coffees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Vanilla vs. French Vanilla Syrup – What’s the Difference?
The primary source of vanilla flavor is the beans of the vanilla orchid. Usually, these beans undergo processing to form a syrup or extract that you can use to flavor various foods, including coffee. The flavor of vanilla is sweet and delicate.
On the other hand, the flavor of French vanilla is typically richer and more custard-like than that of ordinary vanilla. The classic French vanilla ice cream, which has more decadent ingredients like egg yolks, is the source of inspiration for this flavor.
Where to Buy Vanilla Syrup for Coffee
You can buy vanilla syrup for coffee from the following outlets:
- Grocery stores
- Coffee shops
- Online retailers
- Specialty stores
- Bakery supply stores
How to Use Vanilla Syrup in Coffee
You can use a tablespoon or a pump to add vanilla syrup to your drink. However, we recommend adding two tablespoons of vanilla syrup to your coffee.
Is Vanilla Syrup Bad for You?
No. Smelling vanilla syrup has a calming effect, the most notable of its purported health benefits. However, overindulging can negatively affect your health long-term, just like with most foods.
What is a Suitable Alternative to Vanilla Syrup in Coffee Drinks?
One can substitute vanilla syrup with various ingredients such as xylitol, stevia, maple syrup, and natural honey. Additionally, we suggest using coconut sugar instead of vanilla syrup in coffee because of its vitamins and minerals.
The Final Say
We believe you now know some of the best options for vanilla syrup, a great substitute for refined sugar when sweetening coffee. Notably, coffee syrup helps you reduce sugar intake and is low in calories. You can use them to enhance a wide variety of coffee and delectable treats when you select a brand with unlimited applications, such as Torani Syrup .
|Vanilla Syrup for Coffee 25.4 Ounces for Vanilla…
|Buy on Amazon
|Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup for Coffee 25.4…
|Buy on Amazon
|Torani Syrup, Vanilla, 25.4 Ounces (Pack of 4)
|Buy on Amazon
|Syruvia Vanilla Syrup for Coffee – Smooth…
|Buy on Amazon
|Splenda Coffee Syrup, French Vanilla, Sugar Free,…
|Buy on Amazon