What is a Honey Almond Milk Flat White?
You may wonder what the Iced Honey Almond Flat White is. It is a variation of the classic Flat White coffee beverage. A traditional Flat White is made with espresso and steamed milk, typically in a 1:2 ratio, creating a velvety microfoam texture. It adds a twist by incorporating honey and almond milk.
Reasons to Love This Drink
There are several reasons why people might love this drink:
- Refreshing: Iced beverages are inherently refreshing, making them an excellent choice, especially in warm weather. The cool temperature of the drink provides a pleasant contrast to the warmth of the espresso.
- Creamy texture: The almond milk contributes to a creamy and smooth texture. This makes the beverage satisfying and enjoyable, even for those who are lactose intolerant or prefer dairy alternatives.
- Nutty flavor: Almond milk brings a subtle nutty flavor to the drink, enhancing the overall taste profile. This unique flavor can appeal to those looking for something different from regular dairy-based coffee.
- Balanced sweetness: Adding honey provides a natural sweetness to the beverage, creating a well-balanced flavor profile. It adds a touch of sweetness without being overly sugary, appealing to those who prefer a milder sweetness in their coffee.
- Customizable: Coffee drinkers appreciate the customizable nature of this drink. They can adjust the honey or almond milk amount to suit their tastes, creating a personalized beverage.
- Dairy-free option: For individuals who are lactose intolerant or choose to avoid dairy, the almond milk in this drink offers a delicious alternative. It allows individuals to enjoy a creamy and flavorful coffee experience.
- Trendy: Specialty coffee shops often feature unique and trendy drinks; this beverage is no exception. Its popularity may stem from its combination of familiar and exotic flavors, making it an exciting choice for coffee enthusiasts.
- Energy boost: Like any coffee beverage, it provides a caffeine boost, helping to increase alertness and energy levels.
- Low calories: Honey almond milk flat white calories can vary based on factors such as the specific ingredients and their quantities. Generally, almond milk tends to be lower in calories than traditional dairy milk. Still, the actual calorie count depends on the brand of almond milk, the amount of honey used, and the beverage size.
In summary, many love the Iced Honey Almond Flat White for its refreshing nature, creamy texture, nutty flavor, balanced sweetness, customizability, dairy-free option, and trendy choice among coffee enthusiasts.
The Best Milk for an Iced Flat White With Honey Almond Milk
Almond milk is best for an Iced Flat White with honey almond milk. Almond milk is popular for those who prefer dairy-free alternatives and enjoy a slightly nutty flavor in their coffee. It complements the honey and espresso in the Iced Flat White, providing a creamy and satisfying texture.
When selecting almond milk for your Iced Flat White, you may want to consider unsweetened almond milk to control the drink’s sweetness. This allows the natural sweetness of the honey to shine without the additional sweetness from the milk. However, you can choose sweetened almond milk with a slightly sweeter taste.
It’s advisable to choose a high-quality almond milk that complements the flavors of espresso and honey. Some almond milk brands are specifically formulated for barista use, offering better frothing capabilities to achieve that velvety microfoam texture typical of a Flat White.
Ultimately, the best almond milk for your Flat White is a personal preference, so feel free to experiment with different brands and varieties to find the one that best suits your taste.
How to Froth the Milk
Frothing milk is crucial in making a delicious Iced Honey Almond Flat White. Here’s a general guide on how to froth almond milk for your coffee:
- Espresso machine with a steam wand
- Stainless steel milk frothing pitcher
- Thermometer (optional)
Choose the Right Almond Milk
Opt for high-quality almond milk, preferably labeled as “barista” or “barista blend,” as these are formulated for better frothing.
Chill Almond Milk
It’s helpful to start with cold almond milk for an iced beverage. Keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to use it.
Pour Almond Milk
Fill the milk frothing pitcher with the desired almond milk for your Iced Honey Almond Flat White.
Purge the Steam Wand
Before frothing, briefly turn on the steam wand to purge any residual water, ensuring you have only steam.
Position the Steam Wand
Submerge the steam wand into the almond milk, positioning it slightly off-center to create a whirlpool effect.
Froth the Milk
Turn on the steam wand. Begin frothing by keeping the wand just below the surface of the milk. As the milk expands, gradually lower the pitcher to maintain the whirlpool effect. Aim for tiny, uniform bubbles to achieve a creamy microfoam. Avoid large, airy bubbles, which can create a less desirable texture.
If you have a thermometer, aim to froth the milk to approximately 150-160°F (65-71°C). Be cautious not to overheat, as it can negatively affect the taste and texture.
Turn Off the Steam Wand
Turn off the steam wand once the almond milk reaches the desired temperature.
Tap and Swirl
Gently tap the frothing pitcher on a flat surface to break any larger bubbles. Swirl the milk to integrate the foam and liquid.
Pour and Serve
Pour the frothed almond milk over the iced espresso and honey mixture to complete your Iced Honey Almond Flat White. Remember that practice plays a role in perfecting your frothing technique. Adjustments may be needed based on your specific espresso machine and almond milk brand.
A Copycat Iced Honey Almond Flat White Recipe
Time: 5 minutes
Serving size: 1 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Nutritional Facts/Info per serving/in total:
- Calories: 44 cal (2%)
- Carbohydrates: 7g (2%)
- Protein: 1g (2%)
- Fat: 2g (3%)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (6%)
- Sodium: 172mg (7%)
- Potassium: 73mg (2%)
- Fiber: 1g (4%)
- Sugar: 6g (7%)
- Vitamin C: 1mg (1%)
- Calcium: 152mg (15%)
- Iron: 1mg (6%)
- Espresso machine or coffee brewer
- Stirring utensil
- Milk frother
- Ice tray
- 2 shots of espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (adjust to taste)
- ½ cup barista almond milk
- Ice (enough to fill the glass)
- Combine espresso and honey in a glass, stirring to blend.
- Froth almond milk in a milk frother for 15-30 seconds until thick and aerated.
- For a hot drink, pour the frothed milk over the hot espresso mixture and serve.
- Fill the glass with ice for an iced version and pour the frothed milk over it.
- Gently stir and savor the delightful flavors.
Our Top Tips
- Select your preferred coffee for this recipe. We favor freshly brewed espresso, but you can also use instant or decaf if that’s your preference.
- If you’re not a fan of almond milk, feel free to substitute it with oat or dairy milk.
- Without honey, you can easily substitute it with another sweetener, for example, maple syrup or stevia.
Making your Starbucks coffee with almond milk in the comfort of your home helps you save money and time and grants you complete control over the ingredients. Opting to prepare your syrup instead of purchasing pre-made versions or lattes enhances the taste significantly.
The homemade touch eliminates any odd flavors or additives; instead, you get a delectable mix of honey, water, vanilla, and a hint of sea salt!
The Almond Milk Flat White has a range of flavors, offering a refreshing and unique twist to the traditional coffee experience. With the rich, velvety texture of almond milk and the robust kick of espresso over ice, this beverage caters to various preferences.
Its versatility in milk choices and sweeteners allows for a personalized touch, making it an appealing option for coffee enthusiasts seeking creativity and refreshment in every sip. Embracing the almond drink from Starbucks opens up possibilities for those who relish the marriage of innovation and timeless coffee classics.